Wednesday 6 February 2008

Britney Spears drugged

Britney Spears' manager Sam Lutfi frequently drugged her, according to the star's mother.
In a six-page declaration submitted as evidence for the restraining order against Lutfi, the singer's mother Lynne accused him of grinding up pills Britney takes for her bipolar disorder and putting them in her food.
Lynne said: "Sam told me that he grinds up Britney's pills, which were on the counter and included Risperdol and Seroquel.
"He told us that he puts them in her food and that was the reason she had been quiet for the last three days. She had been sleeping. He told us that the doctor who is treating her now is trying to get her into a sleep-induced coma so that they could give her drugs to heal her brain.
"He told me, 'I'm the one who spends 24/7 with your daughter. I sleep in cars outside her house so she can't leave.'
"He also said that if he weren't in the house to give Britney her medicine, she would kill herself. Then he said to me, 'If you try to get rid of me, she'll be dead and I'll p**s on her grave.' "
Lynne also revealed details behind the argument 26-year-old Britney had with Lutfi, after which she was seen sitting on a roadside curb outside her house crying.
She said: "Sam had told Britney that she was an unfit mother, a piece of trash and a w***e, that she cares more about Adnan Ghalib, her current boyfriend, than she cares about her kids, and that she does not deserve the kids.
"Britney spoke to me in a tone and with the level of understanding of a very young girl. Britney then picked up a bottle of pills and read part of the label and asked us, 'What does insomnia mean?' Sam told her the pills will help her stay awake."
Meanwhile, Britney's father Jamie - who has been granted temporary control over his daughter's financial, legal and medical affairs - revealed the star struggled to accept being committed and begged him to rescue her from the psychiatric ward at Los Angeles' UCLA Medical Center.
In court papers, he said: "Britney called me about every twenty minutes. She said, 'Hurry up and get here.' I asked her why. She said, 'Because you got to get me out of here.' I told her I could not get her out of there. She said, 'But I want you to.' "
Britney was involuntarily committed to the hospital last week.
She must spend up to 14 days in the ward after her psychiatrist deemed she wasn't well enough to leave.

No comments: