Monday 5 August 2013

Nollywood or Ghollywood- House of Gold and more

I haven't seen an African movie in a while so I decided to make use of my irokotv subscription tonight, abi at least I pay for it (covers face).

Well times like this I don't regret it. I've just seen this movie, House of Gold. 
I haven't laughed like this in a while. The movie was about a man that had quite a few children....... errrm seems like from different women too.
He was diagnosed with cancer.....not sure what of, but he didn't have much time to live so he asked his lawyer to summon all his children to come home and live under the same roof for 7 days. 

Let me not spoil it for those of you that haven't seen it but its definitely worth paying to watch. 
Omawumi and Mercy Chinwo featured in this movie and I must say I love them both even more....Mercy is just a talent. She needs to get in the open more.....she can sing, as in sing. 

I should ask for my money back from Desmond Elliot really. His movie, The Place- was funny but just wasn't IT for me.

 There was something about it that was not.......... not sure what the word is. He promised to refund people's money if they didn't like it......ok I will let you off this one. 

Lies Men Tell is a betterd Nollywood movie from Desmond Elliot and Uche Jumbo Rodriguez. They did well in this movie. I didn't quite get the end of it but I loved his "Igbotic" accent, he proper nailed it. 

It was about a proper Ibo business man that was constantly cheating on his wife. He got caught eventually and the rest was history. Go check it out. 

I also saw the star studded Weekend Getaway. It had no story line to it. Just full of stars we haven't seen in ages. that's all! Not impressed.

By the way I am not getting paid to do all these reviews........ my blog, my opinion. :) Big smile.

I'm back to reality tomorrow. Been off for a few days now and I made good use of it. I went to see my mummy and daddy, brothers, cousins and aunties all under same roof.......( Ok some of them are on holiday) They don't live in a palace. It was a nice get together  tho. I don't realize  how much I missed them till I got there and then had to leave again (sobs). Well woman must survive. 
If you still live at home, make good use of your time there. 






No comments: