Tuesday 14 May 2013

Nigerian President Declares a State of Emergency

 I don't why i switched my TV to BEN TV tonight but I'm glad I did.

Finally finally, our president, sorry their president Goodluck, "badluck" Jonathan declares a state of emergency in 3 Northern states in Nigeria- Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.



After series, I mean series of cruel, deadly, wicked attacks on innocent people by Islamic group "Boko Haram"! the president finally comes to his senses and takes charge of the situation.

Now for those who do not understand what this means, if there is state of emergency there will be no governing powers anymore. (My thoughts) As in the states will be taken over/ manned by the military which means all those riffraff are in trouble.

Now I pray those military guys will do their jobs. Nigerian soldiers are still very respected even in Africa. So please do your jobs and bring some sanity to the North. Enough of shedding of innocent blood, its gone on for too long.

I'm still watching the program.....

Ruben Abati, Special Adviser to the president on Media and publicity just said on NTA news that there is no where in the Nigerian constitution where it says the Governor has no say when it comes to this declaration.

He said the governor can even request for it.
So these states still have their own functioning governors.

Now i dont  even know what to think.
I can only wait like everyone else to see how it goes.

No comments: