Sunday 30 June 2013

Accident and Emergency

I really wish I can only work 9-5 Mondays to Friday but in my kinda profession, its not possible yet unless I become a manager. I can always wish......can't I?

I've been working shifts this past week and its really annoying cos i start and finish at odd times and really blogging time is just not there.

I've been hearing stuffs in the news about people taking a meek outta the National Health Service, most especially Accident and emergency and errrrm  I must admit its getting worse.  Recently a woman brought her daughter to A&E to get dog poo off her shoe! Can you believe that? You can read the story HERE


Working in that area is really an eye opener. My last on call was on friday night and technically after midnight i can go and rest but i must be on site. I can tell you now that it rarely happens. Its after midnight that you get drunk people claiming some assaulted them mostly at a club. That's ok, it only just happened, it was an accident and that's why medics are there 24 hours.
The annoying part is  getting called to come and attend to patients at 3am is always very very annoying. Not for any other reason than when you ask them when they hurt themselves, some say last week, some say 3 weeks ago and I'm always like for real? So you chose to come to the Accident and Emergency at this time! How about going to the GP? If you don't have the time, how about the Out of hours GP after 5pm. But then you really can't turn them away, you do have to see to them.
But hey that is why I still have a job i suppose and I am getting paid but really if they want to save money and cut waiting times, maybe consider explaining to people what A&E means.
ACCIDENT and EMERGENCY!
Do not abuse it.




No comments: