Friday 7 June 2013

Usain "Lightning" Bolt has been beaten


I'm sure you all know him, dont you?

The 26 year old Jamaican, came second in the 100m at the Diamond League meeting in Rome behind American Justin Gatlin after an early season hamstring injury. This is what he had to say "I would say my determination is not as much as it used to be," he said. "You have to try to find things to motivate you and to push yourself harder."

Bolt suffered a hamstring injury last month that hampered him in his opening race of the season in the Cayman Islands, where he could only manage a time of 10.09 seconds.



Despite a good start on Thursday night, world record holder Bolt was unable to pull away from the field, giving 2004 Olympic champion Gatlin the chance to edge a thrilling race in 9.94 seconds, one-hundredth of a second ahead of his rival.

Bolt won three Olympic gold medals at London 2012, winning the 100m and 200m, and anchoring Jamaica to 4x100m relay victory. That took his gold medal haul to six over two Olympics.
He said: "Starting the season was the roughest part for me - trying to drive myself. I am taking my time and working my way there."Every season it goes right back to ground zero. "It has been really crazy since the Olympics. It has been hard for me to get everything together because there are more demands, it is tough."
It was Bolt's first major international loss since his false-start  disqualification at the 2011 World Championships in South Korea.

This is not the first time he has been beaten.

Bolt came second to Yohan Blake in the 100m and 200m at the Jamaican Olympic trials last July but went on to London 2012 success in both events.
So Usain "Lightning" Bolt, get all the motivation you need,
 you can still do it.
Bolt is next in action in Oslo on Thursday in the sixth Diamond League meeting, competing in the 200m, look out for him.
All the best Bolt!
I wish i could use my legs tooo, wish wish whish

No comments: