Wednesday 24 April 2013

Is Nigeria this bad?


This is getting even  more serious!

Another Nigerian, a lady (May Brown, 19 years old) this time took over dose because she was going to be deported from the UK to Nigeria.

According to daily mail, she came into the UK as a college student and when her visa ran out, she applied for asylum because she didn't want to go back to Nigeria where she witnessed her fathers death and was subjected to sexual abuse.   While she was a student she met her husband and they got married. Her mother in law found her in the bathroom and took her to the hospital.

In the suicide note she left for her husband, she said

"I am deeply sorry that I had to go this way, without even saying goodbye.

'The UK immigration has finally driven me insane. They've pushed me too far this time and I can't take the pain any more. 'I don't want a life or a future you won't be part of. I love you so
much, more than life itself and can't endure the agony of not being with  you.
'Please forgive me for ending it this way. It's better to die with my dignity than be subjected to torture and undignified death back in Nigeria".

So now she prefers to die rather than go to Nigeria.

Is Nigeria really that BAD.

You know i've been considering a change of nationality.......lol
Its hard cos i am black and really is there any African country that i can claim? Been thinking hard but cant find one. I cant speak any other language so can't claim any European one either,  so i'm basically stuck with being a Nigerian!

On a more serious note, I know people that will become criminals rather than return to Nigeria but to the extent of taking your own life......that one pass me.

Is it really that serious?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People will do anything not to stay in this country. Hope she survives and gets her stay.

Anonymous said...

19 ko 25 ni! Omo Naija sha!

Unknown said...

lol, I must admit she looks way older than 19, but you never can tell she might be saying the truth......not