Monday 8 April 2013

Rest in Peace Margaret Thatcher


Phew, being a woman is easy to say the least. I was "on call" last night and mehn I was up all night!  I wonder where all those patients came from........I suppose that is why I am getting paid. Oh well!
 I went straight to bed as soon as i got home and I woke up after lunch to the news of the death of  this powerful woman in the history of Great Britain.


Have you ever been called or heard someone being called or have you ever called
 someone Margaret Thatcher before?  I heard about her when i was pretty young. If you are harsh, sharp and strict, you might have been called Margaret Thatcher, * not that i have been, i'm as gentle as a dove* .

Anyway, she was a British Politician, only female prime minister United Kingdom ever had. She was the only PM that served the longest in the 20th century. She is nicknamed "Iron Lady" because of her stern ways. Ask a stupid question, she will tell you, you asked a stupid question. When she was told that they nicknamed her "iron lady" she said they were right!  that Britain needs an "iron lady", she had a great sense of humor.  She was a fearless woman, a very rare breed!  In 1965 during on of her speeches, she said "if you want something said, ask a man and if you want something done, as a woman!
I bet the men loved that!

Apparently she was kicked out by her members of her own party in the end The Conservatives.......

Just been watching interviews on TV and how most people think she ruined Britain 's economy by privatizing a whole lot of sectors including the mining sector.

 The Irish also thinks she caused a great hurt during her time and I bet the Scots and Welsh have their opinions too.
I personally think people didn't like her because she insisted on them working  to earn a living and not rely on state benefits. At a banquet in  1979, she said " pennies don't fall from heaven- they have to be earned". Loads of people are lazy around here, the other day a statistics showed that the welfare budget is killing the United Kingdom, we are talking Billions of pounds.

Whatever the memories, she will never be forgotten.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. As for me she is somebody's mother and she just died, so Baroness Thatcher, Rest in Peace.

1 comment:

gb said...

Rest in Peace Aunty Maggie Thatcher....